Beyond a no-show sock, the AMP gives you arch support like nothing you have tried before. The low profile and traction on the ball of the foot AND heel allows it to replace a jazz shoe. or your barre socks while providing unparalleled support and protection. It is awesome in NON-traction for everyday wear, in tap shoes, or cross-training.
The Apolla shock support scale Level 1 Standard Support
Wear with or without shoes
- This profile easily replaces your jazz shoes but provides support and shows off the feet better
- The ONLY dancer footwear awarded the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance (along with ALL Apolla Shock styles). Meaning the APMA says they are good for your feet!
The AMP is Apolla’s answer to a no-show sock
The AMP has traction on the ball AND heel of the foot to mimic that of a jazz shoe
Great for dancers that may still rock back into their heels and don’t quite have the weight over the balls of their feet
From cheerleaders to tappers, runners to Barre class, or hip hop to everyday wear…if you are an athlete wearing a shoe, this is your Shock!
AMP is short for Apolla’s Multi-Purpose Shoc
THE AMP & PERFORMANCE SHOCK SIZE CHART
The feet are fickle (and so are your preferences). Each person will fit their Shocks differently…so below the charts are size GUIDES…SEE BELOW FOR SIZING TIPS to help get you in your best fit!
Tips for Sizing:
The Performance Shock/AMP Shock fits similar to the Infinite but the size chart IS slightly different so please take note! The top of each size range is borderline, here are tips to help you determine your best fit.
- Foot size, narrowness and age may change the size up or down.
- You may consider selecting the smaller of your border line size IF:
- You are at the low end of a size range and are younger than 11 years of age, are very petite boned for your age, and/or have a narrower foot than average for your size
- For example, an 11-year--old who wears a size 5.5-6 shoe would choose a size Small Infinite instead of a Medium (based on the size chart) or a very petite boned adult
- A 16-year-old who typically ranges between sizes 6.0-6.5 street shoes and has average leg and foot size would choose the recommended size Medium.
- A 16-year-old that ranges 5.5-6.0 with a narrower foot will likely be more comfortable in a size Small
- Also consider if you are a 6.0-6.5 but very narrow feet or petite boned if you prefer a snug fit in the toes you may want a small, if you like wiggle room, go with the Medium.
- Every dancer has a preference…some will love the lower profile of the Performance, some may miss the snug hug of the Infinite up the calf.
- The Performance Shock has the same arch and ankle support and differs in:
- Lower profile & softer opening: the top of the Shock should hit below the bottom of the calf and goes on easier. The Infinite hits mid-calf
- Sleeker and fitted in the toes than the Infinite to accentuate the feet and create a more seamless look onstage. But still has freedom.